FREE Word Family List with -ar , -er, -ir, -or, -ur.
Word families are groups of words that have a common feature or pattern. They have the same combinations of letters in them and a similar sound.
Here are -ar family, -er family, -ir family, -or family and -ur word family charts.
1. -ar family – car, bar, far, farm, yard
2. -er family – spider, water, garter, paper, better
3. -ir family – sir, birth, first, dirt, bird
4. -or family – pork, port, form, sport, north
5. -ur family – fur, hurt, turn, curb, spur, blur
Click image to see full size before saving.
Fun Teacher Files is a website that provides both learners and teachers with educational materials to improve literacy and numeracy. These FREE and downloadable educational resources can help learners, parents and teachers all around the world in learning and teaching pre-school and grade school concepts. Posters, flashcards, English reading materials and worksheets are great for blended learning (online class, classroom teaching and homeschooling). However, these materials are NOT for COMMERCIAL USE. Thank you for visiting this website. Happy Teaching and Learning from Fun Teacher Files!