Word families are groups of words that have a common feature or pattern – they have some of the same combinations of letters in them and a similar sound. Here are some of the easy CVC word families for beginning readers.
1. -an family – pan, can, fan, ban, tan
2. -at family – cat, bat, hat, mat, sat, vat
3. -en family – hen, ten, pen, men, yen
4. -et family – jet, pet, net, wet, met
5. -in family – pin, tin, bin, win, sin
6. -ot family – cot, dot, pot, lot, not
7. -op family – pop, mop, top, cop, hop
8. -ug family – pug, bug, rug, mug, tug
9. -ut family – nut, cut, but, hut, gut
Fun Teacher Files is a website that provides both learners and teachers with educational materials to improve literacy and numeracy. These FREE and downloadable educational resources can help learners, parents and teachers all around the world in learning and teaching pre-school and grade school concepts. Posters, flashcards, English reading materials and worksheets are great for blended learning (online class, classroom-based and homeschooling). However, these materials are NOT for COMMERCIAL USE. Thank you for visiting this website. Happy Teaching and Learning from Fun Teacher Files!